HOLLYGOSSIP

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hugh Jackman cries on CBS 60 Minutes



via glooce

In a recent TV interview with 60 Minutes Sunday, the Australian actor, Hugh Jackman opened up about his childhood. Talking about the day his mother left their home in Australia for the UK brought the 'Les Miserables' actor to tears.

"I can remember the morning she left, it's weird the things you pick up," Jackman said with tears in his eyes.

"I remember her being in a towel around her head and saying goodbye, must have been the way she said goodbye. As I went off to school, when I came back, there was no one there in the house."


"The next day there was a telegram from England, Mom was there. And then that was it. I don't think she thought for a second it would be forever. I think she thought it was, 'I just need to get away, and I`ll come back.'"


The loss of his mother brought him and his siblings closer to their father, Chris. Jackman was the youngest of five and Chris took full responsibility for raising them. In the interview he said,"Dad used to pray every night that Mom would come back."

"My father is a rock. My father is my rock. It's where I learned everything about loyalty, dependability, being there day in, day out, no matter what."

Hugh and his siblings only saw their mother once a year and the whole experience, and his relationship with his parents instilled in him strong family values.

“It’s always about the family,” he said, speaking of his father: “It’s not about work and I think that’s him living with probably some of his regrets. And feelings of maybe he at the wrong time put too much in his career. And he doesn’t want me to make me that mistake. In his gentle way, he always reminds me this the most important thing.”

Source 2



No comments: