HOLLYGOSSIP

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chris Brown: 'Rihanna assault is my deepest regret'



via glooce



Chris Brown has admitted that assaulting girlfriend Rihanna is "the deepest regret of [his] life", but the ongoing backlash to his violent actions "doesn't bother [him] anymore".

The 'Don't Wake Me Up' star was sentenced to 180 hours of community service and put on a five-year probation order after beating Rihanna in February 2009.

Opening up about his relationship with the 'Diamonds' singer following her confirmation last month that they are now back together, Brown insisted that he "worked hard" for her forgiveness.

"Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals," he told The Mirror. "That night was the deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake.

"But she loves me - what can I say? I'm forgiven... but, yes, I worked hard for it.

"People attack me and criticize me, it happens all the time. But they don't know me, and they don't know us. It doesn't bother me anymore. Other people can judge us but they don't know anything."

Brown also claimed that he has "grown up" since his assault on Rihanna, and thanked fans who "got [him] through" the difficult aftermath.

"I've learned a lot since that night and I've grown up," he said. "I was very young and I took a lot of stuff, fame, for granted.

"I didn't understand it. The support from those who do know me and the fans, who are incredible, got me through."

Rihanna recently spoke out in support of Brown, commenting that he is "not the monster everyone thinks".

"He's a good person. He has a fantastic heart," she said. "He's giving and loving. And he's fun to be around."

It has been speculated that the couple are planning to get married after Rihanna wore an apparent engagement ring at the Grammys earlier this month.


source 2



No comments: