HOLLYGOSSIP

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ryan Reynolds is the sexiest man alive for People Magazine



RYAN REYNOLDS




Sure, his chiseled abs have caused millions to swoon, but this year's Sexiest Man Alive Ryan Reynolds loves to keep them laughing.

"My body naturally wants to look like Dick Van Dyke," says the 6'2" actor, who suits up as the Green Lantern next year. "When I stop training, I turn into a skin-colored whisper."

We doubt that. From growing up the youngest of four brothers in Canada to being the funny guy in films like The Proposal, Reynolds has learned to take everything in stride. "You just have to go with the flow," he says of his new title. "This gives my family entre into teasing me for the rest of my life. "


The actor does expect a few new perks at home with his wife of two years, Scarlett Johansson. "Now it's going to be, 'Sexiest man, take out the garbage.' That does sound better," Reynolds says. "The most difficult part is going to be organically working this title into a conversation with random strangers."



He's Canadian (and proud of it!), he can make "a mean omelette" and his eight-pack abs have caused millions to swoon. But what makes PEOPLE's 25th anniversary Sexiest Man honoree so very special? Perhaps his self-deprecating humor. "You just have to go with the flow," Reynolds, 34, says of his new title. "This gives my family entrée into teasing me for the rest of my life."


Plus the others..




Tall, dark, handsome ... and funny? Mad Men's brooding leading man, 39, has shown a knack for comedy, from host of Saturday Night Live to Tina Fey's recurring love interest on 30 Rock. "He can be so serious and so funny at the same time," says Fey. "He's just great at everything."




LOL FOREVER AT THIS OOMPA LOOMPA

This former model knows how to work every camera angle, from showing off his otherworldly body in Twilight to heating up underwear sales as Calvin Klein's spokesmodel. The secret to the 25-year-old's sexy six-pack? "I cut back on my candy intake, swim a lot and try to drink as much water as I can," says Lutz. "That's the best way to cut up."




He's come a long way since Degrassi: The Next Generation. These days the former actor, 24, is best known for his chart-topping hits like "Find Your Love," off his debut album Thank Me Later. And while the single artist has yet to find love, he knows what he likes, telling PEOPLE, "I find it sexy when women play instruments or knit."



Mr. Shue, is that you? Glee's song-and-dance man showed what he's really made of in a revealing Vogue photo shoot in June. So what does the former Broadway star, 32, consider to be his sexiest trait? "I have those muscle lines right over my hips from my dancing days," Morrison told InStyle. "I call them my dancing lines."


He reigned as a big-haired heartthrob in the '80s, but Jon Bon Jovi, 48, tells PEOPLE, "The cliché of the rock star was never me." Instead, the singer, who's been married for 21 years and is the father of four, counts his greatest achievements in his music and his Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Another point of pride? "I've never had Botox," he says.




A self-described "ugly duckling," Manganiello, 34, has physically transformed into a hunky werewolf on True Blood thanks to his six-days-a-week, twice-daily workouts. But it's not about vanity: "I'm playing a supernaturally strong character; I need to look that way," Manganiello tells PEOPLE.
Back to Sexiest Man Alive 2010



"Robert has a way of making everyone around him feel very special and comfortable," Michelle Monaghan, his costar in Due Date, raves about the 44-year-old. "Whenever I see him, I walk away smiling. Those beautiful brown eyes may have something to do with it."


Before he had hearts pumping on Grey's Anatomy, Williams, 30, taught high school English and African American studies in Philadelphia. But he's not all brains, no brawn: "I like to be physical," the actor, who stays in shape with soccer, basketball and flag football, tells PEOPLE.

(in the face he kind of looks like benjamin button at 26 right?)

He's proved he can bring sexy back to music, now Justin Timberlake is showing he can deliver the goods on the big screen as well. "I know what I want to be," the Social Network star, 29, told Entertainment Weekly, "and that's an artist.



Fast & Furious star Vin Diesel, 43, knows something about getting pulses racing. No wonder he blew away the competition in PEOPLE's first-ever Sexiest Man Alive on Facebook campaign. The actor's response to the honor? "I am blushing ... for real ... Grrr!"


It's been a revealing year for the actor, who memorably showed off his bulked-up chest in Prince of Persia and strips down for Love and Other Drugs. "I think a true leading man has both strength and vulnerability," says Gyllenhaal, 29.
Back to Sexiest Man Alive 2010

source

No comments: